Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Progress...?

The more I do with these sugar flowers, the bigger the task seems! I think I am making actual progress though. I've constructed wire skeletons for the Lily of the Valley and the Lilac. All those individual flowers are going to take a while, though:


























Wires are ready. Curved for Lily of the Valley; Y's for the Lilacs. And gumpaste bits, ready to form cones.













Poke a little hole most of the way through the cone, and slice it into petals. Most of mine had 5 petals.


























Pinch the petals (both ways) to shape them, and voila! Tiny flowers!
I let them stiffen for a few minutes before threading in the wires.



























My tiny garden.                                                                 Close-ups



Cute bird:



That's all for now, folks!



P.S. Finished the dress! Ta-da!!: 

No comments:

Post a Comment